Wednesday 15 May 2013

A woman's wish and a man's hopes...


It must be the Spring but I have woken feeling frivolous!
I have found this funny poem that David discovered and sent to me-


 Woman's Poem
Before I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for a man, who's not a creep,
One who's handsome, smart and strong.
One who loves to listen long,
One who thinks before he speaks,
One who'll call, not wait for weeks.
I pray he's gainfully employed,
When I spend his cash, won't be annoyed.
Pulls out my chair and opens my door,
Massages my back and begs to do more.
Oh! Send me a man who'll make love to my mind,
Knows what to answer to 'how big is my behind?'
I pray that this man will love me to no end,
And always be my very best friend!





So I made up one in reply...





Man's Poem

 When I finally fall asleep
I pray for a woman who will keep
on thinking I’m handsome, perfect & strong
One that loves to listen long
When I rant on about ‘News of the Week'
And not care if to her I hardly speak
I pray that she’ll enjoy being employed
Ironing my shirts and not be annoyed
When I leave the dirty ones on the floor
But just pick them up and ask for more
Oh! Send me a woman who loves my dirty mind
 and wears thongs to show her great behind
I pray she will love me  ‘til the very end
And even more than her best friend...


I hope this will amuse you too!

ps, I apologise for the photographic discrepancy- I'm ashamed to say that I don't actually own a thong...

14 comments:

  1. Hettie Brown introduced you to me...
    I do like a funny poem, I want to be Pam Ayres when I grow up! I'm currently working on the National Poetry Anthology competition, you should enter. Thanks for sharing. Eco Ethel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ethel- I'm glad you came to visit and liked my poem- I'd love to hear more about the National Poetry competition- Jane xx

      Delete
  2. This made me smile on this cold grey day! Thank you for sharing. Minerva x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad- it did make me smile when I wrote it! Jane xx

      Delete
  3. I hope that you both got your wishes. If you did you have a wonderful life. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane- wouldn't it be nice? Jane xx

      Delete
  4. Fantastic poems and very cleverly written and like Ethel I thought straight away of Pam Ayres, I do love her poetry. My friend calls thongs 'cheese wire'!!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that Jo- I can't imagine how anybody could stand wearing a thong- ouch! Jane xx

      Delete
  5. Such a knack for rhyming - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I do love playing with words- Jane xx

      Delete
  6. Goodness Jane, there's a wee bit of spark in you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee Hee Gordon! Well I was on my very best behavious on CDWM... Jane xx

      Delete
  7. Don't worry, Jane! I am sure David would have bought you your very own first thong, as you seem to be in such "agreable" disposition!

    Yes, it must be Spring time... the birds are singing, the sky is blue, Jane is writing poems. Let's allow ouselves to feel happy and frivulos. Why not?

    I enjoyed your poem very much, Jane, but tell me, why does a lady who wears corsets doesn't own thongs?

    You have a fantastic sense of humour!

    XXX

    ANNA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Anna, you aee so right, the Spring is such a wonderfully cheerful frivulous time!
    As to thongs... the answer is simple- a corset my be rather tight but it makes me feel attractive and sexy- thongs are agony and I didn't feel sexy at all when I tried wearing one!
    I'm glad you like the humour of my poem, I so enjoyed writing it.
    Have a happy bank holiday weekend,
    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete